My favorite chilean food

Hello! Today I´m going to talk about corn cake or "pastel de choclo", an iconic dish of summertime and one of my favorite meals.

The "pastel de choclo" is a meal typically eaten for lunch. It is made with a filling of "pino" (ground beef mixed with onions), chicken, olives and eggs, which are also added and topped with a layer of sweet corn purée. Some people like to add raisins to it, but I don´t like to. What I do like to add, however, is ensalada chilena, which is a salad made with tomatoes, onions and cilantro.

I like it because its flavor is so unique, and the mixture between corn puré, meat, onion, and chicken makes a great combination.

To finish, the pastel de choclo has a high amount of calories. For this reason, people that have diabetes can´t eat portions too large. On the other hand, it´s a good source of fiber, nutrients, vitamins and energy, so it’s not that bad for our health in the right quantity.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Unblog